Saturday 31 March 2012

You Say Tiger Shoot

 
Sitting in the bar waiting for the band to go on stage, I felt that hint of nervous anticipation I'd felt before when I used to play in a band myself.  I reckon life would be pretty boring if you didn't get nervous once in a while.

So gig night has been and gone, and I took around 300 images.  From those I have about 20 or thirty that I think are worthy of being seen, and I have ten that I'm happy enough to put up here.

The biggest problem I had was that when all the normal lights were turned off the place was plunged into (well for a camera anyway) darkness.  The 50mm lens was a lifesaver, because if I had have landed with my kit lens, the night would have been over before anyone even took to the stage.  For a bit of fun I tried the kit lens at its widest 18mm, but still there wasn't enough light to work with. 

Besides all that, here are some of the images I came away with that night.  I ended up converting most of them to black and white because of the image noise from shooting at 1600 ISO, but there were a few that just looked far better with a touch of colour.

So thanks to You Say Tiger for letting me shoot their first Auntie Annie's gig.













2 comments:

  1. Josh, this is great work for your first gig you've really captured the evening well, the B&W works much better, keep up the good work.

    P.S hope your still keeping up with the "street" work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah mate, I haven't been out on the streets for a few weeks now, what with work and getting a bit of practice in the low light. but I'll get back to it soon!

      Delete