Wednesday 5 December 2012

Christmas Market and Crawfordsburn


My day off this week I decided to take a run up to Crawfordsburn to scout out some locations for a faux-gagement shoot that I have coming up in a couple of weeks.  I managed to rope in some friends to help me build the portfolio, and after getting some scary prices for shooting in high profile locations, I decided that in these austere times it would be better to shoot somewhere a bit more 'easy access'.

I tried to make it up around 2pm so that the light was good and there was still a bit of sunlight coming through the trees.  What I didn't count on was the hailstones arriving just after I got set up on the beach which forced a hasty retreat back to the tree-line.





When I got back to the city I took a walk around the Christmas Market just to get some people shots.  If there are a lot of people around it's easier to blend in more and that just makes more opportunities to capture great candid shots.



And on my way out down Royal Avenue, there was a bit of a jazz/indie/fusion jam going on right there on the footpath so I just fired off a couple of shots on my way past.  Most of the pictures I take are in colour, and normally when I look at what I've captured I feel that they lose something if I convert them, but in this case I really like the look of B&W.






 Ok, so a short update with some images.  That'll do me for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment