Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Birthday

Over 2 weeks since my last blog...never again!

After shooting the You Say Tiger gig I was buzzing and looking for more of the same thing.  Gigs, people, street portraits and the like.  But, again, due to work and timing issues I really didn't get a chance to lift the camera until Sunday there when it was my uncled birthday.

Apart from the massive gap in shooting, the birthday was excellent and so was the weather.  We landed up in Templepatrick at around four-ish and everyone was in full swing.  My uncle plays in a Bluegrass band and there were about 8 or nine all there knocking out the tunes.  It's not my number one music choice, but with live music I find most genres enjoyable.  So I took the opportunity to get some portraits in hard sunlight as well as shooting into the sun and working on the image in Lightroom afterwards. 

The most annoying thing about the day was that my 50mm lens that I bought from eBay has completely packed it in.  The auto-focus is knackered and won't work no matter how much I try to 'persuade' it.  I've contacted the seller four times now, but I've still had no word back.  I think the next step is to contact paypal and get them to reverse the payment...if that can even be done!

Anyway, back to the party and I got some great shots with my 70-300mm going solely for the candid look.  Being outside on a farm made for some great backgrounds with either 'green fields' or 'old farmhouse' as a bokeh-tastic background.

Here are some of the shots I captured, and the rest are on my Facebook artist page.













1 comment:

  1. And there's me thinking you had given up (LOL)Once again youu have some great shots here.

    ReplyDelete