Saturday 28 April 2012

You Say Tiger Images from The Pavilion


More light doesn't necessarily mean better images.

So the gig went well in The Pavilion on Thursday, the only problem I had was that my new lens has almost completely stopped working on auto-focus.  It was constantly focusing about 3 feet behind the subject in every picture I took, then when I was reviewing them in the bar during the shoot I switched to manual focusing as it was the only option.

Apart from arriving at 7:30pm when the gig didn't start until 11 everything went fine.  This time round the light was fine in terms of brightness, mainly because no one in the bar knew how to turn the main stage lights off but it worked to my advantage for focusing.  The only thing I felt was that the images all looked a bit 'samey'.  I know working with a small stage and only using one lens because of the lighting conditions this is likely to be the case, but I couldn't seem to capture the shot that I really wanted.  Thinking about it now, I might make a bit of a list like I did with the street photography project I did back in February and write down all the shots that I want to capture.

I did a little bit of post processing in Lightroom on some of the shots, but again, that was mainly just to convert to black and white. 

Here are some of the shots.









No comments:

Post a Comment