Sunday 10 June 2012

Back from a 2 month hiatus...


"Good things come to those who wait" probably isn't the best work ethos, but it seems to have paid off in this case.

So, it's not as if I completely stopped shooting for the last two months, it's more a case of I didn't feel that what I was doing was really worth talking about.  I was still out and about with the camera, including a trip to Rome which did result in some good images, but it wasn't really focused.  Then last week I ended up talking to a friend who is an established wedding photographer and midway through the conversation about lenses and new camera gear, he asked was I doing anything next Wednesday because he was shooting a wedding in Carrickfergus and if I wanted to I could come along for the experience.  I almost had to do an audio double-take.  I couldn't believe it that he was happy enough to let me come along.

Anyway, I waited a couple of days as he said he needed to call the bride to confirm the final details and he would let me know.  I wasn't really thinking too much about it but when I got the txt to say that we were meeting in the Clarion Hotel at midday and that if I brought my camera I could shoot the Groom and Groomsmen getting ready I was like a kid on Christmas day.

Needless to say I've been watching every video on YouTube about shooting weddings and preparing you gear even though I'm only shooting them getting ready.  The significance of this is huge, as everyone has to start somewhere, and I'm massively grateful to Billy for trusting me to have an input on what is one of the biggest days in any two peoples lives.

So before I get all philosophical I'm going to call it a night.  I'm also going to update the blog at least once a week on the blog, that is until I start to have something actually worth writing about.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment