Wednesday 20 June 2012

Live from Palermo, Sicily


I probably shouldn't be posting anything while I'm on holiday, but I'm just that dedicated....sometimes.

I was going to post up some of the pictures that I took at Mel and Andy's wedding, but it just hit me while I was mid-upload, they haven't even seen the pictures yet.  I think it's probably better to wait until they get the images from their day first, then I'll get some of the best ones up here.

As I said I'm on holiday here in Sicily for some R&R and for Linda to visit her family and her new niece.  It always takes me a while to get acclimatised, and I find that strange yellow orb in the sky (I think it's called 'the sun') makes the people in my pictures look washed out and have their eyes closed.  Being from Carrickfergus, I'm not used to this strange phenomenon, so I made do with shooting inside and finally using the reflector I bought in Jessops.

I was taking pictures of Linda's niece, Sveva, and some of the images turned out really well!  I was using my (now only working in manual focus) 50mm 1.8, and shooting between 1.8 and 2.8 and trying to keep the focus on the eye closest to the lens.  With manual focus and a hyperactive 8 month old baby, this was massively difficult, but out of about 200 photos I captured a few keepers.  I'm not going to upload any of the pictures, but I'm definitely going to use them for part of my portfolio.

Anyway, this was just a quick update because we've just had dinner and we're not going out until some time later.

Next time.....photos will be uploaded!

Ci sentiamo dopo!

No comments:

Post a Comment