Thursday 8 March 2012

A Long Week

Another week and, sadly, not a lot done.

I finished the last workshop with Belfast Exposed and was really determined to extra creative this week, what with all my extra knowledge that I just picked up, but as it turned out, it didn't really go to plan.

Working the early shift so I was getting home at 6 and just wanted to eat then relax.  I know that's a very dangerous habit to get into so I made a point of tuning into the Chip Litherland webinar on how to grow a wedding photography business.  It was actually quite good even for an amateur like me, so I took notes and followed along where I could.

It actually got me thinking about the possibility of working as a photographer professionally.  I understand that it's not the most stable of jobs, and it's definitely not a 9 to 5 gig, but people do it successfully, and done the correct way you only have to look at some pro photographers websites to see that it can be quite lucrative.  Even for those just starting out.  I imagine at first I would have to have something part time to keep a roof over our heads, but I like the possibility of working in a profession that I really enjoy and can be creative.

Besides that, this week I mostly took pictures of my old guitar and drum kit to get them sold on eBay.  I've been looking at the Canon EOS 50D as a bit of an upgrade, and right now, I don't want to put my hand in my pocket for anything I'm buying.  


No comments:

Post a Comment