Sunday 5 February 2012

Unproductive Weekend (photographically!)

I had planned on taking some pictures around the city centre this weekend, but after such a good week weather-wise, it was a rainy two days.  There was about an hour of clear sky around lunchtime on Sunday, but Saturday was just washed out.

In saying that I could have probably still got some shots off, but Linda's colleagues from her old job came up to stay, so Saturday night we went out to dinner in Chiquita's in the Victoria Centre then headed for a cocktail in Zen and ended up in RBG for a nightcap before we walked back to the apartment.  I always forget how handy everything is in the city and every time I think about it I'm always questioning why I don't use it more to my advantage.  I actually plan on calling back into Belfast Exposed to chat to Mervin again about doing one of their courses in Photojournalism or Street Photography. 

Anyway, my plan this week is to head over to the Botanic Gardens for some pictures for the parks competition and maybe on into the city.  When I get paid this month I'm definitely investing in a new lens.  Because of the type of shots I'm trying to take I think I'm going to go for either a 50mm prime (which works out to be 80mm on my 450D), or 70-200mm Tamron for more candid shots.  Either choice, I'm still going to be looking for the same shot, I'll just have to go about getting it a bit differently.  I honestly think it's going to come down to cost, but we'll see.

No pictures taken, so nothing going up today, but I'll have some by the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment