Thursday 2 February 2012

Parks

So I've been out twice this week with the camera, and after checking the weather for tomorrow I'll definitely be making it three times.  I'm finding it quite easy to get up at 9:30 and be in the park for around 10ish and because it's still winter the sun's still sitting quite low in the sky which makes for some nice pictures.

I stopped into the Ormeau Park this morning trying to get something original that fits into one of three categories for a competition that I'm entering.  The categories are:


  1. People in parks
  2. Wildlife in our parks
  3. Building and art
You can enter up to 3 pictures in any one category and entry is free.

The thing about it is, I still go into the park and just wander around and point the camera at whatever I'm passing and 'pull the trigger' so to speak.  It's the lack of direction that I get frustrated with, however, I did come away with a couple of nice images (in my own opinion).



Again, I just saw these when I was walking past and thought they looked quite interesting.  In the first picture I like the way the bench is sort of framed by the trees, but there is no top on the frame.  The stump I though just looked cool.  The ground was proper marshy, so I just took a few shots from where I could stand without sinking up to my ankles.

So far I'm ticking most of the boxes for 'Wildlife in our parks', but I'd like to get something with people next.  I guess if there was someone sitting on the bench I could tick that box so maybe I'll rope my girlfriend in to modelling for me for a morning.

Anyway, I'll get a few more shots tomorrow and see how my week fares for quality photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment