Saturday 25 February 2012

Belfast Exposed again...

So this is only going to be a short one now because we're about to go to the Fionn Regan gig in May Street Church.  I'm actualy waiting for Linda to iron her shirt then we're out the door.

There was a bit of a good day out with the Belfast Exposed crowd today.  We looked at eachothers photos, talked about white balance then hit the streets.

The good thing for me today is that after the workshop a few of us went out for a pint afterwards and just started chatting about what we were doing and past experiences.  It was really good to see an insight into what everyone had been doing with photography over the past number of years. 

The main point for me is that I think I somehow owe something to Marting and Chris, because we went to Whites Tavern for a drink after everyone else had thinned out and just by chance a lady asked Chris why we were standing there with cameras and he explained what the deal was, and next thing I know, I was taking pictures of a lady and her husband sitting at their table.  Fair enough, I was using on-camera flash, and the exposure was a little off, but never the less, I was photographing strangers.  They were even talking about their daugher, who was interested in having her photo taken at a more professional level.

Strange how you go from feeling like you're in at the deep end and have no idea how you're going to make it, to actually having the confidence to talk to complete strangers about what you're doing with a camera.

Ok, so that was a bit dramatic, but at the time, it's how I felt.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Davey and his wife, who right now (even though I asked her twice), I can't remember her name.  Allowing me to take your photo was more of a boost to my confidence than you'll ever know!

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment