Saturday 28 January 2012

Mission Statment!

Over the next twelve months I'll be trying to improve my photography with my main goal being to create a portfolio of lifestyle and portrait work.  I have been taking photographs with a point-&-click camera for years, but recently started to take pictures more seriously after buying a Canon EOS 450D.  I will enter some competitions unrelated to lifestyle photography, but just with the aim to gain experience and find out what I really want to shoot. 

Right now when I take my camera out, I'm just pointing it at anything that catches my eye.  No real direction or pre-determined ideas.  I feel like an amateur (which I am), but I've been taking pictures so long I feel like I should have more of a feel for what I'm doing. 

So this is my late week coming up in work and I fully intend to make 3 mornings to the gym and the other two I won't lie in bed until the last conceivable minute to get up and have a shower!  I want to get out and take some pictures and try to make something of the slightly misty mornings we've been having this month.  I think I'll try to get some people walking in the city center then head over to the Lagan Weir and see what I can come up with.

Really this blog is so that I can keep a track of my progress and have something to reflect on at the end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment